IMPORTANT: THIS POLICY IS NOT INTENDED TO COVER YOUR RIGHTS AND OUR DUTIES AS THOSE RELATE TO PURCHASES YOU MADE FROM US ON RETAILERS’ WEBSITE. PLEASE REFER TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE [ADD URL] FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Effective Date 11 JANUARY 2017
The term “Personal Data” refers to information about you from which you can be identified, such as your name, birth date, e-mail address or mailing address.
Collection of Personal Data Including E-Mail Addresses
Global-e takes your privacy seriously. We respect and protect the privacy of our users and take appropriate steps to safeguard your personal information.
We collect the information you give us when you visit our Web Site and use it when you request to be contacted. You may, through the Web Site, register to receive additional information (i.e. newsletters) from us. When you register, we ask you for contact information like your name, job title and e-mail address, and we may ask you to provide postal address/zip code.
We collect two types of information:
- “Personal Data” is information associated with or that can be used to identify a specific individual, such as name, email address, postal address, zip code or telephone number. Our definition of Personal Data does not include information that has been aggregated or modified so that it can no longer be used, whether alone or in combination with other information, to identify a specific person.
- “General Information” is information about an individual’s online activity that, alone, cannot be used to identify him or her, such as browser type, operating system, domain name and the dates/times of Site access. website usage, traffic patterns, site performance and related statistics based on our tracking of your visits to the website
We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate postal or zip codes are received, we may use third party software to fix them.
Compliance and information regarding EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Global-e commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Private Shield policy should first contact our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Global-e has further committed to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact the EU DPAs for more information or to file a complaint. The services of EU DPAs are provided at no cost to you.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
We process your Personal Data only for specific and limited purposes. We ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes.
These purposes may include the following:
- We may contact you occasionally to inform you of new services we will be providing, or special offers, events or articles we think will be of interest to you.
- We may send you regular updates by e-mail or by post on Global-e organized or related events.
- We may send you requested service information and promotional material. This may also be carried out through rented email lists who gave permission to the list owner to receive third-party promotional email.
- We may use your Personal Data for marketing purposes and market research.
- We may use your Personal Data internally to help us improve our products, services and Web Site and to help resolve any problems.
- We may use your Personal Data for security, administrative and legal purposes.
- We may share Personal Data with third parties where they are better placed to respond to a sales query.
- We may use your Personal Data and CV you have provided in case you have applied for a position through the Web Site.
- To generate statistical information about the advertisements we serve and the ways in which users interact with them;
- To develop profiles (using Tracking Technology) of users who interact with the advertisements we serve;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide Personal Data to us or to which you consent; and
- In any other way we may describe at the time you provide Personal Data.
We do not share, sell or distribute your Personal Data with third parties outside the Global-e group, except under these limited circumstances: Personal Data may occasionally be transferred to third parties who act for or on behalf of Global-e, or in connection with the business of Global-e for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your Personal Data in order to handle our mailings on our behalf.
We always disclose our identity in mass email communications, including the address of our headquarters location.
We never use deceiving header information or subject lines.
We never, under any circumstances, rent or sell email addresses to any other company or individual.
When coordinating with our resellers for the purpose of follow-up on sales inquiries made to us, we provide full contact information of the inquirer to the reseller, including email address, so the reseller can follow up on the inquiry.
We may share or transfer the information in our databases to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this Web Site, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event.
Please not that we are being subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Department of Transportation or any other U.S. authorized statutory body (currently, there is no other U.S. authorized statutory body recognized by the EU or Switzerland). We may therefore be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data. We will shall remain liable, to the extent applicable under law to the security of such Personal Data shared in accordance with this policy.
Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data for marketing purposes, or to pass your details on to third parties, please contact Global-e Data Manager at dataprotection@Global-e.com or if you are completing an online or offline form please tick the relevant box.
In each promotional email, we provide an easy and clear way to opt out of future Global-e email. Opt-out requests using the opt-out link in our emails are processed and go into effect within 10 business days. Opt-out requests sent to the following email address DataProtection@Global-e.com are processed within 10 business days. When sending email to rented email lists, we suppress addresses of those people who have opted out of Global-e email in the past.
Anonymous Data Collected Through This Web Site
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we may use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our Web Site. This technology does not identify you personally; it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our Web Site.
We use this anonymous data to improve the content and functionality of this Web Site and our e-mail updates, to better understand our customers and markets, and to improve our products and services.
Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the site owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie or whether you choose to manually delete such cookies). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies are used by us on the website where we provide the Service to you for the following purposes:
- Authentication cookies: We use session cookies and / or persistent cookies (up to three days) to enable our Service to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. These cookies allow you to proceed through many pages of the Service quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, these cookies remember your shipping country and selected currency. They also remember you if you return to the Service.
- CUID cookie: This is a persistent cookie (never expires) which collects information about customer behaviour on a Global-E enabled website (which usually sits on the retailers website domain), in particular regarding preferred language, country and currency. This information is made available to retailers, who can disable the cookie if they wish so that it is not placed on your device. The information is used to provide the retailer with relevant information regarding your preferences, should the Retailer wish to customise or adapt certain parts of the website.
- Google Analytics (“GA”) cookies: Google sets persistent cookies (up to two years) to recognize and count the number of site visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration, route through the site and what sites the visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way our Service works, for example by making sure users find what they need easily. Click here for more information about GA cookies. Click here to opt out of Google Analytics.
Behaviourally Targeted Advertisements
Any behaviourally targeted advertisements appearing on our Web Site will be clearly identified as such (e.g. through an icon in the corner of the advertisement).
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
When you send e-mail or other communication to Global-e, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
Links to Other Web Sites
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. Security measures are in place on this Web Site to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. These measures also include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
Access to Personal Data is restricted to designated Global-e employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to disciplinary proceedings, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for restricting access to your account.
Transfer of Data Abroad
Global-e is a global enterprise and has facilities and databases in different countries. We may, from time to time, transfer or share your Personal Data to one of our databases in another country. The internet is made up of a large number of international connections. If you are visiting this Web Site from a country other than the country in which our server is located, the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information including your Personal Data across international boundaries.
Special Note for Parents and Children under Age 18
The site you are visiting is a general audience site. The Web Site is not directed to persons under 18.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from people under 18. If we become aware that a person under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
If you are under 18, do not attempt to provide us any information about yourself.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We ask your consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Global-e Data Manager at dataprotection@Global-e.com.
You have the right to access your Personal Data held by us. Any written request for access to information held about you may be subject to a fee of $10.00 to meet our costs in providing this information. If you wish to do this, please contact Global-e Data Manager at DataProtection@Global-e.com
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California law permits residents of California to opt out of Global-e’s disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt out of the sharing of your Personal Data with third parties for direct marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to dataprotection@Global-e.com. Note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made for non-marketing purposes.
California law also permits residents of California to request and obtain from Global-e once per year, free of charge, a list of third parties (if any) to which Global-e has disclosed Personal Data for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Data disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to dataprotection@Global-e.com. Requests via telephone or facsimile will not be accepted. The email subject line or mailing envelope and the content of your request must include the phrase “California Privacy Rights,” and include your name, email address (if you would like to receive a response via email) or mailing address (if you would like to receive a response via postal mail).
Global-e may find it necessary to revise and update this policy from time to time as changes to the privacy regulations emerge, and will communicate any such changes to our business partners.
Changes to This Policy
This Policy may change from time to time. We will post any Policy changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice. Each version of this Policy will be identified at the top of the page by its effective date, and we will also keep prior versions of this Policy in an archive for your review.