ABOUT THE COMPANY
Global-e (Nasdaq: GLBE) is the world’s leading platform to enable and accelerate global, direct-to-consumer cross-border e-commerce growth. We make selling internationally as simple as selling domestically for hundreds of retailers and brands worldwide.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join team Checkout. Our product is built from day one as a modern API First microservice architecture (Scala, ReactJS, TypeScript) with true continuous delivery and a deep investment in automated testing. Learn more about our unique approach to software delivery here.
This role reports to the Director of Engineering for the team and is based out of our Hoboken/Dublin office. Please note, for the safety of our team, we are currently operating remotely.
- Manage delivery of new features for the organization in Checkout
- Share technical architecture with other members of the technology organization
- Promote technical design and coding standards that raise the technical bar of the team and product
- Propose and develop features, tooling, and infrastructure to scale the product
- Bring a rigorous approach to delivering quality software / verification of works as intended
- Focus on stability, metrics, and moving fast with confidence while iterating
- Work with a modern cloud-based microservice architecture really learn how to deliver quality software efficiently with Global-e’s unique software development lifecycle
- Write code mostly in Scala. There is no need to know Scala in advance, just a desire to learn
- Curious and enthusiastic for tackling tough problems and deliver
- Always learning and hungry for new knowledge and skill sharing
- A great verbal and written communicator - you’ll be part of a team and will be collaborating with stakeholders across the business
- A deep problem solver – the ability to analyze a business or technical problem and select the most appropriate solutions
- A multi-tasker with the ability to manage unplanned work without impacting committed, high priority deliverables
- A strong believer that great teams are necessary to create world class products. Willing to invest the time to build strong relationships and help others on the team grow
- 7+ years of experience building highly scalable consumer-facing applications
- E-commerce experience
- Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
- Strong database experience, especially around scaling applications
Our people play the key role in our success, and we are always looking for more driven, talented, and ambitious individuals to join our growing international family.
Global-e is an equal opportunity employer. Our team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all walks of life.