We are looking for an experienced product leader to spearhead our Global Enablement Product team. This person will own all aspects of the Global Enablement ecosystem, including the country specific tax law implementation, accurate price, price reconciliation, and trade compliance. You will partner closely with Tax and Compliance teams to develop a product strategy, translate it into a roadmap, and drive plan execution. You will help create a vision for Global-E Tax and Duties that will lead to serve all Global-E consumers and merchant’s needs.
- Uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into technical requirements
- Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations
- Work closely with the technical teams of Tax and Duty team as well as Account and Project managers that are facing Global-e customers, in order to deliver the required features in whole and in a timely fashion.
- Understand, research, and follow technical trends in the eCommerce industry and different eCommerce platforms developments
- Assess and address technical risks
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation
- Deeply understand complex workflows between Global-e Core solution and its implementation on different eCommerce platforms
- Use agile principles to write user stories, plan and drive the software development of features
- Determine success metrics and measure impact of feature launches
- Manage and communicate dependencies with other teams
- Prioritize between new features, architectural improvements and operational excellence
- 5+ years of product management experience, with preferred experience and knowledge of eCommerce ecosystems like Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, SFCC etc. Experience in working with at least one of these platforms is a strong advantage.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams (various trade and tax subject matter experts, engineering teams, finance, sales and operations) in medium to large organizations to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines from kick-off to ship with high sense of ownership
- Ability to synthesize complex internal needs across the company
- Experience using Agile/Scrum/Sprint methodology including sprint planning and execution, as well as a strong understanding of software development management methods
- Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Thrive in fast-paced environments and value product quality and impact
- An analytical master: you love compiling data to show progress and guide decision making in a very analytical manner
- An understanding of basic Direct and Indirect Tax principles is desirable.