Global-e is looking for an Operations and Taxes analyst to join its growing team. The ability to calculate exact duties and taxes on each end-customer order serves as a key part of Global-e’s offering, and is at the core of the company’s business.
The main responsibilities of this position are:
· Monitoring, implementing and ongoing management of tax regulations, rates and trade agreements
o Managing the calculation process of duties and taxes for 100+ countries worldwide, ensuring all e-commerce commercial activities are carried out in compliance with applicable taxes and duties regulations
o Manage and review sales performance reports for tax and duties aspects and accuracy. Run and produce daily, weekly and monthly reports. Investigate and where necessary take corrective action.
o Identify and analyze discrepancies and mis-calculations or mis-collections. Work with relevant operational teams to sort such issues.
o Support company’s clients with ad-hoc product classifications for duties and taxes rates.
· Performing ongoing comprehensive analysis of internally calculated duties and taxes vs. third party calculations and charges
· Day-to-day work with other departments (Product, Account Managers, Finance, Legal), providing guidance and analysis in order to better serve our customers
· Liaising with the Company’s operational teams across the world in order to develop, implement and supervise all aspects of duties and taxes as part of the Company’s solution and services
· Providing periodic and ad-hoc reports to C-level management
· Involvement in special projects associated with various aspects of the Company’s international trade
· At least 2 years of analytical / economical analysis experience – a must
· Proficiency in Excel – a must
· SQL – advantage
· Acquaintance and understanding of international duties and taxes – an advantage
· Experience from an e-commerce / commodity / retail company – a strong advantage
· High level of English (spoken and written) – a must;
· experience working in a global company – an advantage
· Very diligent, details-oriented, independent and responsible person who works well under pressure with a ‘can do’ approach – a must