ABOUT THE COMPANY
Global-e (Nasdaq: GLBE) is the world’s leading platform to enable and accelerate global, direct-to-consumer cross-border e-commerce growth. The chosen partner of hundreds of retailers and brands across the United States, Europe and Asia, Global-e makes selling internationally as simple as selling domestically. With Global-e, retailers and brands can increase international traffic conversion and grow sales by offering customers in over 200 destinations worldwide a seamless localized shopping experience. Our end-to-end e-commerce solutions combine best-in-class localization capabilities, big-data best-practice business intelligence models, streamlined international logistics and vast cross-border experience, enabling online retailers to sell to and from anywhere in the world and seamlessly expand their brand worldwide. Our people play the key role in our success, and we are always looking for more driven, talented and ambitious individuals to join our growing international family.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Tech Lead Manager for the Payments team is responsible for leading a mission critical product engineering team focused on delivering key capabilities related to Payments and Fraud. We have built a world class Payments product that offers our merchants sophisticated capabilities such as multiple alternative payment methods, cards, while keeping the integration really streamlined via a canonical API, all this while managing fraud and chargebacks. We are looking for this leader to join our team and champion the mission of the team.
- Manages and develops a single team of engineers. Starting with 2-4 engineers and ramping up from there.
- Conducts weekly 1-1s and reviews and provides specific, actionable feedback to direct reports.
- Grows direct reports in terms of knowledge, practices, and professional development by aligning opportunities with their directs’ career and development goals.
- With the support of their manager, they perform promotion, leveling, and compensation conversations with directs.
- Works with their manager to ensure team member performance expectations are met.
- Interviews and onboards new team members, progressively taking more responsibility for the hiring process on their team.
- Communicates level and expectations clearly to all team members, soliciting and delivering feedback during review periods
- Effectively delegates work to directs while remaining supportive.
- Responsible for results, engagement, and retention of directs.
Team & Process
- Clearly communicates timeline, scope and risks to their component partners relating to new and ongoing projects, and lead the delivery of major initiatives on clear timelines
- Responsible for creating a highly motivated, happy, and successful team.
- Actively shares organizational information with their team, ensuring cascades happen in a timely manner.
- Participates in staffing, prioritization and solutioning conversations in a way that optimizes for the company first; then the engineering team; then their team; then for individual team members (does not put individual needs, or a specific team’s needs over the company needs).
Technical Execution & Operation
- Tracks and maintains the health of systems and product surface area their teams own.
- Manages and tracks technical debt to balance short-term and long-term goals.
- Tracks usage of key concepts in the software development lifecycle, suggesting and implementing process changes to maintain good practice and high-quality output for their team.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for producing maintainable, monitorable, and highly available software systems.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of systems in their sphere of influence by taking part in delivery of bug fixes or small enhancements while not necessarily committing to critical-path features.
- Identifies projects of high value, sets technical direction and roadmap (for services), and accordingly works with team members to manage feature and internal improvement scope to ensure that all deliverables are met.
SKILLS, QUALITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of experience successfully operating as a Tech Lead or previous management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to surface and resolve conflict, give feedback, and engage with empathy.
- Maturity to manage engineers more experienced than themselves with the appropriate support.
- Exceptional architecture abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Experience with well-designed microservices architectures
- Excellent communication skills and can create alignment with other leaders and decision makers in a fast-moving environment
- eCommerce, SaaS or Fintech experience a plus
Global-e is an equal opportunity employer. Our team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all walks of life.