ABOUT THE COMPANY
Global-e (Nasdaq: GLBE) is the world’s leading platform to enable and accelerate global, direct-to-consumer cross-border e-commerce growth. The chosen partner of hundreds of retailers and brands across the United States, Europe and Asia, Global-e makes selling internationally as simple as selling domestically. With Global-e, retailers and brands can increase international traffic conversion and grow sales by offering customers in over 200 destinations worldwide a seamless localized shopping experience. Our end-to-end e-commerce solutions combine best-in-class localization capabilities, big-data best-practice business intelligence models, streamlined international logistics and vast cross-border experience, enabling online retailers to sell to and from anywhere in the world and seamlessly expand their brand worldwide. Our people play the key role in our success, and we are always looking for more driven, talented and ambitious individuals to join our growing international family.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Software Engineer, you will join a team of engineers, designers, and product managers to bring value to our core business. This role will focus on transforming ideas into products that connect our clients to their customers across the globe.
The mission of the Tools team is to make our platform self-serviceable. As a key member of the Tools team, you will build and support products and tools that enables configuration and administration of the Global-e platform. Our product is built on microservice architecture (Scala backends, ReactJS frontends), using API-first software development, and continuously delivered.
This position will report to our Director of Engineering responsible for our Tools Engineering team. Location: Remote US or Ireland or our offices in Hoboken, NJ or Dublin, Ireland with flexible remote work opportunities.
- Build and work with elegant and simple APIs to solve difficult problems in retail and cross-border
- Work with a growing, motivated, and brilliant team to change the world of cross-border e-commerce.
- Work with a modern cloud-based microservice architecture written in Scala and Play Framework and built on Docker.
- Work with cloud-based environments such as Kubernetes or AWS.
- A fullstack engineer who can build applications end to end.
- You write clean, well-tested, and maintainable code.
- Love to solve challenging problems that make a huge impact in the physical world.
- Always learning and hungry for new knowledge and skill sharing.
- Eager to work in small collaborative teams with people that appreciate beautiful code.
- Familiar with Scala, Typescript, as well as functional programming paradigms or a desire to learn.
- 3+ years of experience building highly scalable consumer-facing applications
- Proven experience across the Software Development Life cycle
- Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
- Interest and knowledge of cloud technologies and tooling
Global-e is an equal opportunity employer. Our team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all walks of life.