ABOUT THE COMPANY
Global-e (Nasdaq: GLBE) is the world’s leading platform to enable and accelerate global, direct-to-consumer cross-border e-commerce growth. The chosen partner of hundreds of retailers and brands across the United States, Europe and Asia, Global-e makes selling internationally as simple as selling domestically. With Global-e, retailers and brands can increase international traffic conversion and grow sales by offering customers in over 200 destinations worldwide a seamless localized shopping experience. Our end-to-end e-commerce solutions combine best-in-class localization capabilities, big-data best-practice business intelligence models, streamlined international logistics and vast cross-border experience, enabling online retailers to sell to and from anywhere in the world and seamlessly expand their brand worldwide. Our people play the key role in our success, and we are always looking for more driven, talented and ambitious individuals to join our growing international family.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Software Engineer, you will join a world class team of engineers and e-commerce experts to bring simple and powerful systems to life. This role will focus on transforming ideas and information into products that connect our clients to their customers across the globe.
As a member of the Global Enablement team, you will support the critical systems that allow products to cross borders legally and efficiently. From ensuring regulatory compliance to accurate calculation and payment of taxes, you will build the products that transform our clients’ global businesses from challenging to simple. Our platform is built as a microservices architecture (Scala backends, ReactJS frontends), using API-first software development, and continuously delivered.
This position will report to our Engineering Manager and will be based in our Hoboken office with beautiful views of the New York skyline.
- Work with a motivated team of world class experts in cross border e-commerce, international tax law and logistics to remove regulatory hurdles using software
- Build elegant, simple APIs, allowing integrators to solve problems in interesting new ways
- Operate a modern cloud-based, event driven microservice architecture written in Scala and Play Framework and built on Docker
- Build on top of cloud-based tools including DataDog, Kubernetes and AWS
- A software engineer building robust systems
- An author of clean, well-tested, and maintainable code
- Excited to operate systems in production and gain insight from the data they produce
- Always learning and hungry for new knowledge and skill sharing
- Eager to work in small teams with people that appreciate beautiful code and unique insights
- Familiar with functional programming and a desire to learn Scala
- 3+ years of experience building highly scalable consumer-facing applications
- Proven experience across the Software Development Life cycle
- Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
- Interest and knowledge of cloud technologies and tooling
Global-e is an equal opportunity employer. Our team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all walks of life.