Global-e (Nasdaq: GLBE) is the world’s leading platform to enable and accelerate global, direct-to-consumer cross-border e-commerce growth. The chosen partner of hundreds of retailers and brands across the United States, Europe and Asia, Global-e makes selling internationally as simple as selling domestically. With Global-e, retailers and brands can increase international traffic conversion and grow sales by offering customers in over 200 destinations worldwide a seamless localized shopping experience. Our end-to-end e-commerce solutions combine best-in-class localization capabilities, big-data best-practice business intelligence models, streamlined international logistics and vast cross-border experience, enabling online retailers to sell to and from anywhere in the world and seamlessly expand their brand worldwide. Our people play the key role in our success, and we are always looking for more driven, talented and ambitious individuals to join our growing international family.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Principal Program Manager, you will lead our highest priority cross functional initiatives. Program Management is a leadership function and responsible for driving execution across Engineering, Product, Operations, and Commercial teams.
This role reports to the SVP Engineering and is based out of our Hoboken office.
- Lead and drive the delivery of large scale cross functional technical initiatives involving Engineering, Product, Operations, and Commercial stakeholders
- Partner with executive leadership and stakeholders on strategic business objectives.
- Ensure efficient execution and timely delivery across multiple work streams
- Execute a continuous improvement process for our end to end delivery program
- Drive visibility into learnings and changes as projects progress
- Facilitate decision making and problem solving to unblock teams
- Build strong relationships, work closely with, and drive communication across multiple teams to ensure alignment
- Assess and manage project risks appropriately, own technical project escalations through resolution
- Connect people from various business functions and gather ideas to resolve conflict in an empathetic and thoughtful way
- Drive prioritization conversations between teams
- Curious and enthusiastic for tackling tough problems, learning complex areas and delivering solutions
- Structured thinker and communicator, and strong at defining and running process
- Always learning and hungry for new knowledge and skill sharing
- Comfortable with tackling the unknown and iterating on solutions
- Passion for working with external stakeholders
- A great, clear verbal and written communicator - you’ll be part of a team and will be collaborating with stakeholders across the business
- A strong believer that great teams are necessary to create world class products. Willing to invest the time to build strong relationships and help others on the team grow
- 10+ years of program management experience in fast paced product organizations, with a demonstrated track record of influencing, leading and launching large scale programs
- Deep understanding of project management and agile methodologies
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building partnerships and delivering large-scale cross-functional programs
- Know the difference between waterfall and agile, and when it's appropriate to use each methodology
- Experience working across multiple geographies
Global-e is an equal opportunity employer. Our team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all walks of life.