Global-e (Nasdaq: GLBE) is the world’s leading platform to enable and accelerate global, direct-to-consumer cross-border e-commerce growth. The chosen partner of hundreds of retailers and brands across the United States, Europe and Asia, Global-e makes selling internationally as simple as selling domestically. With Global-e, retailers and brands can increase international traffic conversion and grow sales by offering customers in over 200 destinations worldwide a seamless localized shopping experience. Our end-to-end e-commerce solutions combine best-in-class localization capabilities, big-data best-practice business intelligence models, streamlined international logistics and vast cross-border experience, enabling online retailers to sell to and from anywhere in the world and seamlessly expand their brand worldwide. Our people play the key role in our success, and we are always looking for more driven, talented and ambitious individuals to join our growing international family.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join team Checkout. Our product is built from day one as a modern API First microservice architecture (Scala, ReactJS, TypeScript) with true continuous delivery and a deep investment in automated testing.
This role reports to the Director of Engineering for the team and is based out of our Atlanta office.
- Manage delivery of new features for the organization in Checkout
- Share technical architecture with other members of the technology organization
- Promote technical design and coding standards that raise the technical bar of the team and product
- Propose and develop features, tooling, and infrastructure to scale the product
- Bring a rigorous approach to delivering quality software / verification of works as intended
- Focus on stability, metrics, and moving fast with confidence while iterating
- Work with a modern cloud-based microservice architecture really learn how to deliver quality software efficiently with Global-e’s unique software development lifecycle
- Write code mostly in Scala. There is no need to know Scala in advance, just a desire to learn
- Curious and enthusiastic for tackling tough problems and deliver
- Always learning and hungry for new knowledge and skill sharing
- A great verbal and written communicator - you’ll be part of a team and will be collaborating with stakeholders across the business
- A deep problem solver – the ability to analyze a business or technical problem and select the most appropriate solutions
- A multi-tasker with the ability to manage unplanned work without impacting committed, high priority deliverables
- A strong believer that great teams are necessary to create world class products. Willing to invest the time to build strong relationships and help others on the team grow
- 7+ years of experience building highly scalable consumer-facing applications
- E-commerce experience
- Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
- Strong database experience, especially around scaling applications
Global-e is an equal opportunity employer. Our team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all walks of life.