We’re looking for a Senior DBA for a new Infrastructure team at Global-e. Starting from System Administration, Monitoring and Maintenance of the database, developing internal tools, providing operational database services, develop complex reporting and more.
- Provide guidance and support to Application Developers
- Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning
- Install, tune, implement and upgrade DBMS installations
- Write and deploy SQL patches
- Upgrade and improve application schema and data upgrades
- Research and study new databases and perform POCs.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance tuning using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Ability to become the expert on a specific domain of technology and provide technical consultation to other team members
- 5 years of hands on experience as a relational Server DBA (Sql, MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, etc.)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and a person we'll be happy to meet in the office every day
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Multi-tasking and working well under deadlines in a changing environment, strong problem solving and analytical skills
Preferred Candidates would also meet the following criteria
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience with AWS