We are looking for Legal Counsel. As a Legal Counsel at Global-e, you will have an engagement and active material role in a variety of commercial and legal areas ranging from clients through partners to global operations and expansion. The position reports to the General Counsel.
- Review, draft, negotiate and interpret a wide variety of commercial agreements
- Advice and support the company’s different departments such as sales, account management, projects, product, HR, and operations.
- Support and advise the executives and management in ongoing compliance with the company’s governance policies
- Manage multiple deals and support colleagues internationally, with sound business and legal judgment and a clear sense of company priorities
- Provide general legal support to our global business on an as-needed basis
- At least 5 years of relevant commercial legal experience (preferably in commercial, e-commerce, international trade sectors) as an in-house lawyer in a legal department of a global high-tech company or in the commercial/high-tech department of a top-tier law firm
- Experience working for or with global companies
- Experience with privacy laws, including maintaining privacy compliance
- Able to take ownership of complex projects with shifting priorities, managing them through to completion
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- Excellent legal, business judgment, and strategic thinking, team-player with outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience in global compliance and governance work – advantage
- Experience in the e-commerce - advantage
- Experience with in-direct taxation - advantage