We are looking for a Director of R&D to join Global-e’s USA office, to lead a diverse team with diverse capabilities (.NET/PHP developers, QA Engineers, Technical Support, DBA’s, and more) and take a significant part in growing Global-e’s US R&D capabilities.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about technology and software development, with end-to-end experience developing web applications with emphasis on server-side development, working in a complex, cloud-based environment.
Our US office provides R&D capabilities and services for our growing customer’s portfolio and for the US headquarters.
- Supporting our US customers with technical issues during pre-sale technical discussions, integration and after go live.
- Matrix management of our US R&D Group (the US R&D group is reporting to relevant team manager in the Israel office) and providing daily/weekly updates to Global-e VP’s of R&D’s and CTO.
- Providing technical assistant to the team on all aspects of the system.
- Reports to the CTO
- 5+ years’ experience in R&D managerial role
- Previous experience with managing at least 10 employees
- Technical knowledge and ability to perform hands-on tasks with full-stack development
- Solid experience in development process agile methodologies (e.g. SCRUM). Experience in managing great performing, highly scalable teams
- Knowledge across multiple technological domains, e.g. .NET and PHP development, MSSQL, QA methodologies. Etc.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including, mentoring, coaching, presentation skills and the ability to interact with colleagues and customer’s R&D groups at all technical levels, Dynamic, energetic, motivated, positive outlook with the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Fluent in English & Hebrew – a Must