We are looking for a Director of Technical Operations. If you are a technical expert in various areas, thrive under pressure, enjoy solving problems, love working your way through chaos, and get bored with mundane IT tasks, then this role is for you. The Director of Technical Operations is a unique role on the front lines of Our Company.
We are looking for an experienced manager who wants to be a part of our growing company and willing to be available 24/7 for the group.
The Director of Technical Operations is responsible for executing the Technical Operations strategy and tactics that will improve the customer experience and build emotional loyalty allowing greater impact to overall sales and revenue. The focus is to drive the business forward in creating stronger relationships, converting more prospects to become customers, increasing sales, creating operational efficiency, and lastly creating a fun and motivational environment that attracts the best of the best.
- Immediately respond to line down situations to remediate any IT related issues
- Prioritize, Delegate & Supervise daily operations of a busy NOC and Tech Support teams.
- Work with various teams (IT, Developers, DBA’s, Account Managers, Project Managers, System Architects) to troubleshoot issues
- Provide customers, clients, and staff with global technical support
- Ensures that the operations group is providing necessary help to the internal and external customers
- Troubleshoot Hardware, Operating System and software issues
- Resolve department day to day issues with clients, colleagues and 3rd parties.
- Work directly with internal and external customers to understand problems and resolve requests for feature enhancements
- Involved in the recruitment process of the staff as well as in the management of the staff
- Track and report on metrics which are key performance indicators, allowing performance improvements so that the desired outcomes are achieved to plan and in a timely manner
- High sense of urgency and on-time delivery awareness
- Preferred 5 + years’ experience in managing production technical operations groups either in pre or post-sales environments resolving complex, technology related problems or experience as a development/dev-ops engineer
- Previous management or leadership experience
- 24/7 availability for swing shift, weekends, and on-call support
- Availability to work on flexible hours due to time zones difference.
- Excellent communication skills to work effectively with subordinates, customers, engineers, managers, and others
- Advanced troubleshooting skills (client-server & server to server issues)
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Strong oral and written communication abilities
- C#/.NET and JAVA knowledge to understand the code and debug the code - Advantage
- Strong experience working with SQL Server databases - Must
- Client-Server experience
- Familiar with debugging tools and reading logs
- Ability to multitask and handle various priorities
- Proven strong technical skills with the ability to deep dive into complex problems & find their root cause