We’re looking for a Senior DBA for a new Infrastructure team at Global-e. In this role you will be responsible for administering, monitoring, and troubleshooting a 24x7 production environment database. You will also be part of a team creating new services and take full responsibility for architecture, design and implementation of those applications.
- Provide guidance and support to application developers
- Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning
- Install, tune, implement and upgrade DBMS installations
- Write and deploy SQL patches
- Upgrade and improve application schema and data upgrades
- Research and study new databases and perform POCs.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance tuning using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Ability to become the expert on a specific domain of technology and provide technical consultation to other team members
Skills & Qualifications
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and a person we'll be happy to meet in the office every day
- Academic degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of hands-on experience as an MS-Sql Server DBA
- Demonstrate extensive hands-on experience with SQL Server with a particular emphasis on performance and tuning
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Multi-tasking and working well under deadlines in a changing environment, strong problem solving and analytical skills
Preferred Candidates would also meet the following criteria
- Familiarity with additional database paradigms and flavors (MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience with AWS