We're looking for an SQL Server Team Leader to join Global-e Core R&D department and take a significant part in the development of Global-e's core DB system.
Must be passionate about technology and software development, with experience in developing and maintaining relational and NOSQL databases in a complex, cloud-based environment.
Core group is responsible of the most important components of the system providing multi-tenant, fully customizable checkout experience; APIs for ecommerce platforms integration; end-to-end payments solutions that involve third party integration in a secured payment environment. All working under very high traffic.
- Lead a team of 4 DBAs. Manage their delivery and professional growth.
- Provide guidance and support to Application Developers
- Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning
- Install, tune, implement and upgrade DBMS installations
- Write and deploy SQL patches
- Upgrade and improve application schema and data upgrades
- Research and study new databases and perform POCs
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance tuning using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Ability to become the expert on a specific domain of technology and provide technical consultation to other team members
- At least 4 year's experience as Team Lead on DBA teams (above 3 members)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in agile/scrum methodologies
- Multi-tasking oriented and working well under deadlines in a changing environment
- 5 years of hands on experience as a relational Server DBA (SQL, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with PowerShell - Advantage
- Experience with AWS - Advantage