Global-e is the world’s leading platform in enabling and accelerating global, direct-to-consumer cross-border ecommerce. Through our comprehensive end-to-end solutions that combine the best-in-class localization capabilities, big-data business intelligence models and streamlined international logistics, we enable retailers and brands to increase international traffic conversion and sales and achieve significant global online growth.
Founded in 2013 and operating from several offices worldwide, Global-e is the chosen partner of hundreds of global retailers and brands, including Hugo Boss, Marc Jacobs, Etam, M&S, Montblanc, Forever 21, Versace, Iconic and more.
As we continue to expand, Global-e is looking for a highly motivated German Business Development Manager to join our EMEA Sales team. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for converting our DACH, with priority to Germany, prospects into active customers.
- Manage the entire sales process from demo to closing by partnering with internal teams such as Business Development Executives, Solutions Engineers, Partnership Managers etc.
- Increase our market share in the DACH region by growing our net new business.
- Negotiate pricing and business terms with small to medium sized Ecommerce retailers/merchants by selling value as well as ROI.
- Target medium-sized merchants in; apparel, fashion, cosmetics, sports and hobbies, and medium-sized companies.
- Build lasting, consultative relationships with C-level executives in customer prospects
- Analyse customers’ existing cross-border models to develop a deep understanding of their needs and business.
- Consistently deliver on quarterly forecast commitments by achieving or exceeding sales quotas.
- Forecast and manage your sales pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals.
- 3+ years of direct B2B eCommerce/SaaS sales experience.
- Prior experience in working for an innovative and agile tech company, preferably within e-commerce, and closing large value deals in Germany.
- Experience in cross-border and direct to consumer sales is an advantage.
- Successful history of net new business sales, with the ability to prove consistent delivery against targets.
- Track record of being a high performer.
- Credible at all levels and evidence of building strong relationships internally and externally with the customer.
- Proven ability to manage multiple prospects at a time.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in German and English.
- Must be located in Berlin.