We are looking for an experienced Tier 3 Engineer who wants to be a part of our growing Production Support group and willing to be available 2 and willing to be available 2/7.
The production support managers provide customers, clients, and staff with global technical support. He/she is responsible for managing daily technical operations for the organization while ensuring overall efficiency. Expect to collect and analyze metrics, provide reports regularly to managers, and routinely assess the efficiency, effectiveness, and technical proficiency of the support team.
- The engineer will become a subject matter expert on Global-E systems offerings and storage products along with the Global-E distributed architecture and global, parallel file system.
- The engineer will be trained to identify defective parts and authorize their return to service for repair along with identifying and logging both hardware and software bugs.
- Work directly with internal and external customers to understand problems and resolve requests for feature enhancements.
- Work collaboratively with other Global-E engineers, analysts, and cross-functional groups when necessary to resolve production issues.
- Develop best practices, documentation, and sample templates to be used by Tier 1-2 teams and other technical groups
- Track and report on metrics which are key performance indicators, allowing performance improvements so that the desired outcomes are achieved to plan and in a timely manner
- An extreme emphasis is placed on customer satisfaction and providing the most professional support experience to the delight of our customers.
- Some rotational on-call and after-hours shifts are to be expected.
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following – Computer Science/Engineering/Information Systems or equivalent
- At least 2 years experience of direct customer service or either in pre or post-sales environments resolving complex, technology-related problems or experience as a development/dev-ops engineer.
- Strong experience working with databases SQL Server - Must
- Good communications skills in English (reading and writing) – Must
- Client-Server experience
- Familiar with debugging tools and reading logs
- Strong desire to take on a leadership role within the local team.
- Ability to multitask and handle various priorities.
- Proven strong technical skills with the ability to deep dive into complex problems & find their root cause.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.