Our legal team operates in the forefront of the business, maintaining close and frequent communication with clients, service providers and internal teams. Our goal is to provide profound legal advice with a practical and pragmatic approach.
The legal team is based in Israel and provides support and assistance to our company’s operations worldwide. We are seeking a legal counsel who will report to the Senior Legal Counsel in charge of our commercial team, which handles our clients’ agreements and manages their ongoing legal and legal-operation needs. Primarily, the position will include acting as main focal point to our fast-growing SMB (small to medium business) product, serving as key legal person, and in addition, related responsibilities include the following:
- Provide ongoing legal counselling and guidance on various commercial issues, collaborating closely with internal teams including sales, customer success, project solution, product, and operations.
- Draft, review, and negotiate international commercial agreements, primarily with small-medium clients.
- Efficiently address clients' legal inquiries and requests, ensuring high accuracy and precision in providing legal guidance.
- Handle global privacy and data protection aspects related to our clients, including the review of data sharing/processing agreements and responding to privacy questionnaires (including in the context of RFP).
- Manage day-to-day administrative tasks related to contracts and contract management, including reviewing NDAs.
- Handle multiple assignments concurrently, effectively prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Precision yet efficiency, capable to solve analytical problems, along with a solution driven approach to legal issues, and a client-first attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for effective collaboration within teams and negotiations, as well as the ability to work autonomously.
- Qualified attorney in Israel with no less than 4 years of experience in tech-oriented, international commercial law, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts (a must).
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) (a must).
- Coming from an in-house position in a global tech company is highly advantageous. Coming from a law firm at a minimum, candidates should have experience working in the hi tech department of a leading law firm.
- Practical experience with global privacy legislation (e.g., GDPR, CCPA), DPAs, DPIAs, SCCs etc. - a must have requirement.
- Availability and ability to routinely support our US operations during their business hours.
Global-e is an equal opportunity employer. Our team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all walks of life. Our people play the key role in our success, and we are always looking for more driven, talented, and ambitious individuals to join our growing international family.