Global-e is looking for a Hub Ops Manager. This role is primarily to oversee and monitor the movement of parcels from the merchant through the hub and successfully to the carrier. This involves actively visiting and working within a 3PL environment. Visiting merchants to train in the process to their operatives for merchant hub, hybrid and Global-e hub solutions. Liaising with the Tech Team to solve issues and answering CS queries through Zendesk. You will also be expected to work on all carrier exception reporting. You will need to be able to work well in a team but also be confident in working alone and making decisions.
Ideally from either a carrier or Ecommerce background with experience in B~C International shipments. DG Certification would be an advantage. You need to be open to learning a new bespoke system. Excel is a must. Knowledge of Zendesk or a similar Customer Services tool would be a benefit but not critical- as long as you are open to learn new systems. Peak planning knowledge would also be an advantage.
The following list is not exhaustive but gives an indication of the day to day activities
1. Be proficient in each carriers exceptions reporting and be able to complete each report, in doing so create Zendesk tickets to internal stakeholders- CS & Tech and where necessary external CS teams.
2. Understand and be able to sort out Exceptions at the hub.
3. Holiday coverage for the other team members in Ops in the UK, France and USA.
4. Join the monthly carrier performance meetings along with other team members for input.
5. Be able to interpret merchant performance reporting.
6. Liaise and deal with any carrier collection issues from the hub.
7. Be able to interrogate internal systems.
8. Monitor incoming orders to the hub and escalate to the merchant missing shipments.
9. Monitor hub performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Ability to effectively solve problems
- Creative and able to adapt quickly to change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and time management
- Proven abilities to manage multiple accounts at a time
- Proven track record of exceeding expectations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level