R&D: DBA Team Leader (Infrastructure) - IL
Global-e is a well-funded company, run by a senior and experienced founding team, offering a revolutionary solution for the e-commerce web sites.
We’re looking for a team leader for the Infra DBA team at Global-e. In this role you will be responsible for administering, monitoring, and troubleshooting a 24x7 production environment databases.
- Manage a team of experienced DBAs
- Provide guidance and support to application developers
- Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning
- Install, tune, implement and upgrade DBMS installations
- Write and deploy SQL patches
- Upgrade and improve application schema and data upgrades
- Research and study new databases and perform POCs.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance tuning using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Ability to become the expert on a specific domain of technology and provide technical consultation to other team members
- 2+ years team lead experience
- 5 years of hands-on experience as an MS-Sql Server DBA
- Academic degree or equivalent experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and a person we'll be happy to meet in the office every day
- Demonstrate extensive hands-on experience with SQL Server with a particular emphasis on performance and tuning
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Multi-tasking and working well under deadlines in a changing environment, strong problem solving and analytical skills
Preferred Candidates would also meet the following criteria
- Familiarity with additional database paradigms and flavors (MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience with AWS
Global-e is an equal opportunity employer. Our team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all walks of life. Our people play the key role in our success, and we are always looking for more driven, talented, and ambitious individuals to join our growing international family.