Global-e (Nasdaq: GLBE) is the world’s leading platform to enable and accelerate global, direct-to-consumer cross-border e-commerce growth. The chosen partner of hundreds of retailers and brands across the United States, Europe and Asia, Global-e makes selling internationally as simple as selling domestically. With Global-e, retailers and brands can increase international traffic conversion and grow sales by offering customers in over 200 destinations worldwide a seamless localized shopping experience. Our end-to-end e-commerce solutions combine best-in-class localization capabilities, big-data best-practice business intelligence models, streamlined international logistics and vast cross-border experience, enabling online retailers to sell to and from anywhere in the world and seamlessly expand their brand worldwide. Our people play the key role in our success, and we are always looking for more driven, talented and ambitious individuals to join our growing international family.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is a critical part of our Foundation Engineering team whose mission is to empower our entire engineering organization to release and operate software effectively and with confidence. This team is focused on elevating our operational maturity while simplifying the operational footprint. We do this by providing tooling for reliability (eg. observability platforms), making data and metrics accessible and actionable, scaling our systems, and improving our continuous delivery infrastructure. Flow's infrastructure today runs 100% on AWS and is deployed in Kubernetes.
This role reports to the Director of Engineering responsible for our Foundation Engineering team. This role is based out of our Dublin, Ireland office.
- Design, build, and maintain the core infrastructure tools and products used by all of our product engineering teams.
- Operate and evolve our Kubernetes environment and Istio service mesh.
- Drive the adoption and expand the impact of DataDog as Flow’s observability platform.
- Enhance resource usage and mitigate system overload through autoscaling.
- Increase uptime SLOs, reduce risk of change and enable test-in-production through techniques like dark canary and blue-green deploys.
- Improve and operate our CI/CD pipeline.
- Develop tools and champion best practices to empower all of our teams to continue to improve the reliability of their services and products.
- Focus on stability, metrics, and moving fast with confidence while iterating.
- Bring a rigorous approach to delivering quality software / verification of work as intended.
- Curious and enthusiastic for tackling tough problems and delivering solutions.
- Always learning and hungry for new knowledge and skill sharing.
- Comfortable with tackling the unknown and iterating on solutions.
- A great verbal and written communicator - you’ll be part of a team and will be collaborating with stakeholders across the business.
- A strong believer that great teams are necessary to create world class products. Willing to invest the time to build strong relationships and help others on the team grow.
- A SRE mindset
- Strong experience managing complex infrastructure at scale with high reliability.
- Experience with well-designed microservices architectures, or curiosity to learn.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery.
- Understanding of cloud architectures and experience with AWS infrastructure.
- Strong networking and operating system knowledge.
Global-e is an equal opportunity employer. Our team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all walks of life.