This Privacy and Cookies Policy governs how we, Global-E Online Ltd. and Globale U.K. Ltd. (together with our respective affiliates and subsidiaries, “Global-E”, “we”, “our” or “us”), collect, receive, use, store and disclose Personal Information (defined below) about individuals in connection with the use of:
(i) websites that we operate, including http://www.global-e.com (each, together with its sub-domains, content and services, the “Site”); and
(ii) our order processing and fulfillment software products and services (the “Service”).
Unless separately referred to in this Privacy and Cookies Policy, the Site and the Service are collectively referred to as the “Services”.
1. Introduction. We have implemented this Privacy and Cookies Policy because your privacy, and the privacy of other users of the Services, is important to us. This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your Personal Information is collected and used in connection with the Services. “Personal Information” means any information that may be used, either alone or in combination with other information, to personally identify an individual, including a first and last name, credit card information, an email address, a home or other physical address, or other contact information.
2. Service Terms and Conditions. This Privacy and Cookies Policy forms part of the terms and conditions of our Service (the “Service Terms and Conditions”).
3. Consent. By using the Services, you consent to the terms of this Privacy and Cookies Policy and to Global-E’s processing of Personal Information for the purposes set out in the Policy. If you do not agree to this Privacy and Cookies Policy, please do not access or otherwise use the Services.
4. Modification. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change this Privacy and Cookies Policy at any time. Such change will be effective ten (10) days following posting of the revised Privacy and Cookies Policy on the Site and/or within the Service, and your continued use of the Services thereafter means that you accept those changes.
5. What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
5.1. Services. In order to provide you with certain services or programs via the Site (such as providing you with a demonstration of the Service), you may be required to complete and submit an online registration form which we make available on the Site. You may be asked to provide us with Personal Information, including your full name, email address, a phone number, and other specified information.
5.2. ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you choose to send us a “Contact Us” request or other similar enquiry, whether by submitting an online form that we make available on the Site, or by sending an email to an email address that we display on the Site, you may be required to provide us with certain Personal Information such as your full name, email address, and phone number. You may also choose to provide us with additional Personal Information not specifically required by us.
5.3. Purchases. The Service enables you to purchase online merchandise from retailers in certain countries that do not normally provide order processing and fulfillment services (“Retailers”). If you choose to make a purchase, payment and/or place an order via the Service we will require sufficient information, including Personal Information, from you in order to process and complete the transaction, as well as to provide subsequent notification and support services.
5.4. Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track user’s movement around the Services, and gather demographic information.
5.5. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. See under “cookies” below.
6.2. Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the site owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
6.3. Cookies are used on the Site for the following purposes:
6.3.1. Authentication cookies: We use session cookies and / or persistent cookies (up to three days) to enable our Services to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. These cookies allow you to proceed through many pages of the Services quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, these cookies remember your shipping country and selected currency. They also remember you if you return to the Services.
6.3.2. CUID cookie: This is a persistent cookie (never expires) which collects information about customer behaviour on a Global-E enabled site, in particular regarding preferred language, country and currency. This information is made available to Retailers, who can disable the cookie if they wish. The information is used to provide the Retailer with relevant information regarding your preferences, should the Retailer wish to customize or adapt certain parts of the website.
6.3.3. Google Analytics (“GA”) cookies: Google sets persistent cookies (up to two years) to recognize and count the number of site visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration, route through the site and what sites the visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way our Services work, for example by making sure users find what they need easily. Click here for more information about GA cookies. Click here to opt out of Google Analytics.
7. The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Services, then such Personal Information may be used in the following ways:
7.1. Provision of the Services. We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Services, to prevent or detect fraud or abuses, to personalize your user experience, to contact you in connection with the Services and any transactions that you have initiated or completed, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Services that you are authorized to access.
7.2. Responding to Your Enquiries. We may use your designated email address and contact information to respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request.
7.4. Using Affiliates to Store/Process Information. We may share your Personal Information with our subsidiaries or affiliated companies for the purpose of storing or processing such information on our behalf in connection with our provision of the Services. Such information may be transferred to other countries around the world where our or their servers and systems are located. We require that these parties agree to process such information in compliance with our Privacy and Cookies Policy. If we transfer Personal Information outside the European Economic Area (EEA) we will of course comply with the applicable laws relating to data transfer outside the EEA.
7.6. Necessary Disclosure. We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce the Terms and Conditions, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Global-E, its users, yourself or the public.
8. Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to provide and improve our Services and products and enhance your experience with the Services. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Services.
9. Marketing. If you have given permission on our Services, we may use your Personal Information to send you emails (or other communications such as mail, phone or SMS) with details of our or third party goods or services which may be of interest to you including information about special offers or promotions. You may choose not to receive from us any further marketing materials by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that you receive from us. Please note that even if you do not consent to marketing communications, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with your transactions) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Services.
10. Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. The notices that we provide on/in the Services in circumstances where we collect Personal Information should help you to make this choice. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you may still visit and access parts of the Services, but you may be unable to visit or access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
11. Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, Global-E wishes to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to remove or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email to email@example.com. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
12. Other Sites and Services. The Services may contain links to third party websites and services that are not owned or controlled by Global-E including third party payment providers. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third party websites or services and your use of or connection to such links and websites is at your sole risk. You should review their privacy policies.
13. Children’s Privacy. The Services are not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information that we collect or that is submitted to us. For example, certain sensitive Personal Information that we receive is processed over a secure SSL channel and is encrypted; and our payment gateway is PCI compliant. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Services, you can contact us at email@example.com.
15. Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we (i) may not be able to control how Personal Information is treated, transferred or used; and (ii) reserve the right to transfer or assign your Personal Information.
16. Accessing and rectifying Personal Information. You have the right to request personal data that we hold about you, subject to us reserving the right to withhold such data to the extent permitted by law. You can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge an administration fee in line with data protection laws and we may also require appropriate evidence of identity. For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, see the website of the UK Information Commissioner.
17. Commitment. We are committed to protecting your privacy. Protecting your privacy online is an evolving area, and we are constantly evolving our Services to meet these demands. If you have any comments or questions regarding our Privacy and Cookies Policy, or your Personal Information that we may be storing and using, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated: September 25th, 2015