Global-E™ Privacy and Cookies Notice
This Privacy and Cookies Notice governs how we, Global-E Online Ltd. and Globale U.K. Ltd. (together with our respective affiliates and subsidiaries, “Global-E“, “we“, “our” or “us“), collect, receive, use, store and disclose Personal Information (defined below) about individuals in connection with the use of our online order processing and fulfilment services (the “Service”).
- We have implemented this Privacy and Cookies Notice because your privacy, and the privacy of other users of the Service, is important to us. This Privacy and Cookies Notice explains our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your Personal Information is collected and used in connection with the Service. “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual including a first and last name, credit card information, an email address, a home or other physical address, or other contact information.
- Service Terms and Conditions. This Privacy and Cookies Notice forms part of the terms and conditions of our Service (the “Service Terms and Conditions”).
- Using your Personal Information. If you decide to use the Service and enter into the Service Terms and Conditions with us, we need to collect and use your Personal Information in the ways explained in this Privacy and Cookies Notice in order to provide you with the Service. If you do not wish your Personal Information to be used as set out in this Privacy and Cookies Notice, please do not access or otherwise use the Service.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change this Privacy and Cookies Notice at any time. Such change will be effective ten (10) days following posting of the revised Privacy and Cookies Notice within the Service, and your continued use of the Service thereafter means that you accept those changes.
- What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Purchases. The Service enables you to purchase online merchandise from retailers in certain countries that do not normally provide order processing and fulfilment services (“Retailers”). If you choose to make a purchase, payment and/or place an order via the Service we will require sufficient information, including Personal Information, from you in order to process and complete the transaction, as well as to provide subsequent notification and support services.
- Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyse trends, administer the Service, track user’s movement around the Service, and gather demographic information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. See under “cookies” below.
- Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the site owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie or whether you choose to manually delete such cookies). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, visit: allaboutcookies.org.
- Cookies are used by us on the website where we provide the Service to you for the following purposes:
- Authentication cookies: We use session cookies and / or persistent cookies (up to three days) to enable our Service to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. These cookies allow you to proceed through many pages of the Service quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, these cookies remember your shipping country and selected currency. They also remember you if you return to the Service.
- CUID cookie: This is a persistent cookie (never expires) which collects information about customer behaviour on a Global-E enabled website (which usually sits on the Retailers website domain), in particular regarding preferred language, country and currency. This information is made available to Retailers, who can disable the cookie if they wish so that it is not placed on your device. The information is used to provide the Retailer with relevant information regarding your preferences, should the Retailer wish to customize or adapt certain parts of the website.
- Google Analytics (“GA”) cookies: Google sets persistent cookies (up to two years) to recognize and count the number of site visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration, route through the site and what sites the visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way our Service works, for example by making sure users find what they need easily. Click here for more information about GA cookies. Click here to opt out of Google Analytics.
- The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Service, then such Personal Information may be used in the following ways:
- Provision of the Service. We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Service, to prevent or detect fraud or abuses, to personalize your user experience, to contact you in connection with the Service and any transactions that you have initiated or completed, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Service that you are authorized to access.
- Responding to Your Enquiries. We may use your designated email address and contact information to respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request.
- Transferring Information to Retailers. In using our Service to make purchases we will share the Personal Information that we collect from you (but with the exception of payment data such as credit card number details) with the specific Retailer who owns and/or operates the website from which you made your purchase. Such Retailer will then be entitled to use your Personal Information as if that Retailer has collected this information directly, subject to the Retailer’s own Privacy Notice. For instance, the Retailer needs to know that you have made a purchase in order to process delivery of your purchase, to handle any requests by you to return or swap a product, or needs to know if you are already a subscriber or member of their services so that you can take advantage of any loyalty scheme that they administer.
- Marketing. While we do not use your Personal Information for our own marketing purposes, we will disclose your Personal Information for marketing purposes to the specific Retailer who owns and/or operates the website from which you made your purchase where you have provided your consent to receive their marketing. In order to understand how the Retailer uses your Personal Information you should check their Privacy Notice [<<<here>>>].
- Using Affiliates to Store/Process Information. We may share your Personal Information with our subsidiaries or affiliated companies for the purpose of storing or processing such information on our behalf in connection with our provision of the Service. Such information may be transferred to other countries around the world where our or their servers and systems are located. We require these parties to process such information in compliance with our Privacy and Cookies Notice. If we transfer Personal Information outside the European Economic Area (EEA) we will of course comply with the applicable laws relating to data transfers outside the EEA.
- Using Third Party Service Providers. We may share (in so far as such sharing is necessary) your Personal Information with our third-party service providers (such as hosting providers, payment processors, anti-fraud service providers, licensed customs brokers, and order fulfilment providers) whose tools, software, and/or services we use to process and complete your transaction(s). We use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that such third-party service providers will only process your Personal Information as part of providing the Service. Such third party service providers may be located in countries outside the EEA and if there is a transfer of Personal Information outside the EEA we will comply with the applicable laws relating to data transfers outside the EEA.
- Necessary Disclosure. We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Service if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request that we are subject to; (ii) enforce the Service Terms and Conditions, including investigations of potential violations; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Global-E, its users, yourself or the public.
- Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to provide and improve our Service and products and enhance your experience with the Service. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user so that identification is irreversibly prevented, such as aggregated information about the use of our Service.
- You may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. The notices that we provide on/in the Service in circumstances where we collect Personal Information should help you to make this choice. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you may still visit and access parts of the Service, but you may be unable to visit or access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
- To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, Global-E wishes to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to remove or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
- Other Sites and Services. The Service may contain links to third party websites and services that are not owned or controlled by Global-E including third party payment providers. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third party websites or services and your use of or connection to such links and websites is at your sole risk. You should review their privacy policies.
- Children’s Privacy. The Service is not structured to attract or be directed to children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information that we collect or that is submitted to us. For example, certain sensitive Personal Information (such as data relating to fraud) that we receive is processed over a Secure Sockets Layer channel and is encrypted; and our payment gateway is Payment Card Industry compliant. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we (i) may not be able to control how Personal Information is treated, transferred or used; and (ii) reserve the right to transfer or assign your Personal Information.
- Accessing Personal Information. You have the right to request Personal Information that we hold about you, subject to us reserving the right to withhold such information to the extent permitted by law. You can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. We may charge an administration fee in line with data protection laws and we may also require appropriate evidence of your identity. For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, see the website of the UK Information Commissioner.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. Protecting your privacy online is an evolving area, and we are constantly evolving our Service to meet these demands. If you have any comments or questions regarding our Privacy and Cookies Notice, or your Personal Information that we may be storing and using, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 21 December 2016